J-K: Army, CRPF join rescue ops in Ramban’s Rajgarh area after cloudburst kills four – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
3 Min Read

Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], August 31 (ANI): The Indian Army, along with Jammu and Kashmir Police, CRPF, UTDRF and other rescue teams, on Sunday launched operations after a cloudburst hit Rajgarh Tehsil in Ramban district, where flash floods affected multiple locations and four bodies have been recovered so far, officials said.
On Saturday, Deputy Commissioner Ramban, Mohammad Alyas Khan, along with Senior Superintendent of Police Arun Gupta, rushed to the site. The team was accompanied by personnel from the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and Quick Response Team (QRT).
DC Khan personally oversaw the ongoing rescue and relief operations, with the district administration maintaining a high level of alertness.
At least four people were killed and one was reported missing after a cloudburst hit the Rajgarh area of Ramban district in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, officials said.
Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha expressed condolences to the bereaved families who lost their lives in a cloudburst and landslide following heavy rainfall in Ramban and Reasi districts.
The LG spoke with the officials to assess the situation and stated that all possible assistance was being provided to the victims.
In a social media post on X, the Office of the Lt. Governor of J-K wrote, “Anguished by the cloudburst & rain-triggered landslides in Reasi & Ramban. Condolences to the bereaved families. Spoke to Senior Officials and took stock of the situation. Rescue and relief operations are underway. All possible assistance is being provided to the affected.”
Meanwhile, in neighbouring Doda district, Gandoh Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Arun Kumar Badyal said that continuous heavy rainfall led to flash floods across multiple locations.

“There was continuous heavy rainfall due to which there were flash floods at a lot of places. Several teams are trying to open all the roads. Hundreds of houses have been damaged, some severely, some partially damaged. DC is continuously taking reports from me. All teams are working on a war footing. Our teams are engaged in providing food supplies to the families who have been relocated,” he told ANI. (ANI)

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *